Monday, July 8, 2013

Where I Went and Where I'm Going

I stopped updating here a few months ago because work got extremely busy. I started working six days a week with several of those being open to close shifts. Then on the last day of our extended hours they called me in the office. They said that the department was moving in the wrong direction and that one of the changes they were going to make was letting me go. The job was never a very good fit for me and I should get unemployment out of it. 

I'm going to use this time for a few things. To get in better shape. To find a job that I actually enjoy. And to get back into writing. There's only one problem. I hate writing on a computer. It doesn't feel real to me at all. Writing on paper, with a pen is just more... tangible to me. It draws me in and forces me to keep moving forward. On a computer, with its ease of editing all I do is stop every 6 words and adjust. delete a word here, rephrase a sentence here, and oh god I miss spelled that word. Look at the red line. LOOK AT IT!

I don't get that with a legal pad. I'm not constantly re-reading what i wrote down. I'm just moving forward. If anyone has any tips on breaking these bad computer habits please let me know. Transcribing everything is kind of terrible.

So expect more content on the blog in the coming weeks. I'm setting a schedule of three updates a week, not counting my comic pulls for the week. They can be about anything, MTG tournament reports, reviews, short fiction or just the odd thought.

I will do this. And I will succeed. And I've edited this post at least a dozen times as I wrote it. Goddammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment